Some more News......Sept 17th, 2009 10:17pm

Well I finally finished my Medi-Cal application and turned it in today, but here is the thing: when i first went in to get the application a little over a week ago i was told that the application usually takes 30-45 days to get their decision. Well when i was in there today he told me it typically takes 90 days and in certain cases even longer! I am confused on why in a week it has double so that is frustrating and upsetting!

So what i am doing right after blogging is i have to go and finish my online social security application for disability and with that i heard it is typically less then 3 months and if i get approved for that i automatically get Medi-Cal. Please pray that i hear something and soon!

I have been checking into multiple other options and taking all the advice i am gettingand looking into it and also doing research and other things. I cant wait around for some government agency to determine if my life if valuable enough to save. Im a taxpayer and a US citizen damn it and there r people who come to this country illegally and never pay taxes and get covered on the spot! This is ridiculous!! But im not gonna gonegative right now. I gotta challenge this anger, frustration and justcomplete exhaustion into something positive for me.

I took a suggestion from my friend Jay at the American Cancer Society and am checking into getting treated by an excellant oncologist that is local and has great success in treating young peopl with cancer. I put a call into them today and hope to get an appointment soon. So please keep the prayers and suggestions coming, please leave them as comments so ill get emand ill keep you posted on whats going on.

GOD Bless,
ADP
2 Responses
  1. April Says:

    I don't really know the details, but why can't you start treatment where your current insurance covers it and then if you get approved for all this stuff, switch to UCI? Usually stuff like medicaid will pay your medical bills a month before your application date....so even if you start getting treatment if you get approved they will pay those bills...double check with medical cause it may be different! Love you! Hope you can get answers soon!


  2. Randam Adam Says:

    OK, well i know that there are places that do take my current type of insurance and although I don't mind getting the basic tests that I need done there, i don't wanna get my chemo done at a place that is less then par with the best. I'm praying that I can switch to Dr Sender as my oncologist,he is out of UCI and he comes highly recommended as one of the best in the area that is leading in cancer treatments, especially with young people.
    Please just keep praying that something happens soon!
    Love ya,
    ADP