Some more news... Sept 18th, 2009 4pm

OK, well i just got back from my oncologists office and I have a lot going on. First of all I was waiting 2 hours in the room to be seen! Then she comes in and asks me why haven't I had the PET scan done and I said "You put in for it to be authorized and I have been waiting for you to tell me that it was" then she told me it was authorized last week and somebody was supposed to call me, that was it, I'm sooo done with her! I deserve the best care, not some second rate doctor that that doesn't return patients calls and doesn't tell you important information that you have been waiting to hear!

On a different note there was some pretty serious stuff going on that I haven't blogged about earlier cause I was awaiting to hear some results. I was told by the oncologist a few weeks ago that the possible strand of Non Hodgkin's B-Cell Lymphoma that came up on the results from the biopsy is a more rare type (Burkitts) that was found and is primarily in Africa in Aboriginal children, and here is the scary part; it is associated with tribes that have born diseases like Hepatitis or HIV (AIDS) so the oncologist had me do some work tests and I just got the results today, and..... I don't have any of the those, it was scary for me cause I have been in the hospital and had multiple surgeries over the past few years and although it was a small chance, there is a possibility that I could have come into contact with ones of the above diseases while in the hospital. So thats a weight off my shoulders!

Now with some more news, I have been taking a very pro-active approach in my cancer. Ive been researching and looking up a lot of things and asking for any and all suggestions . So because of my friend Jay who works for the American Cancer Society and he recommended a Dr. Sender who specializes in lymphoma and is even an expert of the particular strand that I might have. I have been talking to them the last few days and I just got them my medical records and they are looking at them and gonna call me back in a bit. The only main problem is that I need to be authorized to see them and that is a pain in my tookis' !! Dr Senders physicians assistant just called me and wants to talk to him and get me in right away and get some tests done asap cause they feel it is urgent to know precisely what I have and where I have it at.

So I hope to hear some more soon, my PET scan is scheduled for Sept 28th, but they dont want to wait that long for me to have it. So please continue to pray that I can get authorization to see him asap and that maybe somehow I can get the PET scan done sooner!

GOD Bless,
ADP
0 Responses