FAME Movie Review September 27th, 2009 10pm


Lets start this review off with a few facts: I have seen the 1980's film "FAME", I've never seen the FAME tv show . and I generally like most musicals.

Having said that I heard about this re-make well over a year ago and was excited to see how it would turn out. Ive only seen the original movie a few times but I liked a lot about it. So in anticipation for this version I had my friends make me a copy of the soundtrack so I could familiarize myself with the music, been listening to it almost everyday for the past month. So thats gonna inform you on how and why I reviewed it as I'm going to.

So the movie starts off with a bang, right into the rush of the tryouts for everyone that is hopeful to go to this great arts school. This film is just oozing with talent, there are some real up and coming stars I believe in this film. So the movie moves at a decent pace most of the film, but does have some generally slow parts. This version of FAME is more about the true life drama of the characters and what they go thru on this journey and less about the crazy choreographed dance numbers in the street, its more realistic and less hokey then the original. People don't really burst into song while walking and no one around them notice that they are singing. So I think that right there will broaden the audience scope of who will come see this.

The music from the soundtrack is amazing, diversified and fun. The thing about the music in the movie is that there is a lot less of it then there are on the soundtrack.A lot of the songs are just background music as opposed to some one singing them. I was sad that a few of the songs I liked from the soundtrack were reduced to elevator mus-ak. Another problem that I had with the music is that they really didn't incorporate it into the film as much as they should have. One last tidbit about the music is that the title song "FAME" isn't even i the movie!!! Its in the credits, whoever idea that was should be fired and then shot cause its a great song that would have been fun to see onscreen.

Now the acting was great overall and the directing was good. I actually liked the slow motion dance scenes, i thought that they were great. So overall I was dissappointed with this movie but I had extremely high hopes, all of my friends that I went with loved it. So if you like musicals or great singing and dancing then come see this. But you got to be prepared for all of the drama scenes and then you will probably enjoy it more. So until next time GOD Bless and....

I Will See You At The Movies,
ADP
0 Responses