Some more drama, and some more prayer needed Oct 15th, 2009


 OK, so I just called my oncologists office cause its been a few days since we talked and I wanted just an update. Well the doctor and nurses are in the cancer clinic today treating patients so Dora at the front desk said that she would pass on the message and have them get back to me.   The things I've been waiting on are the lab results from the pathologists at UCI to re-test my tissue sample that was taken during my surgical biopsy, and have a clear diagnosis of exactly what I have. Then from there we are gonna make a "road map to recovery" plan on my treatment and all of the details. So I will post anything new I find out.

   In a side un-related topic every time that there is a holiday my paycheck (which is mailed to me by the workman's comp insurance company) is late. So because it is almost a week late again my account is overdrawn because I have direct bill pay that automatically deducts for certain bills. So I called my lawyers office yesterday to talk to them like I always do when I have a problem with my checks and Maria (office director) puts me on hold and then my lawyer Mr Meline comes on. I never talk to him directly unless its and emergency, so right away I know somethings up!  So he comes on and asks me a few questions about whats going on with the cancer and I tell him all that I know and then he tells me that workman's comp has "p.n.s.'d" me which means that they have released me from disabled status to able to work status.
  
  Now I have a question: "If I was physically unable to work in March when I was doing therapy and found the lump, then why would I be physically able to now when I have not done any therapy or physical activity to help strengthen my back since then?" If anything I have basically become physically dormant to rest up and not make the situation any worse.  So now I am scared and confused and my lawyer said that he was gonna check into a few things for me, but the next step would be to start talking settlement, which is good but that can take awhile and he gave me the two options: either take lifetime medical coverage of my back and a bi-weekly check until it runs out, or take lump sum settlement.

  Now I always thought that I could do a lump sum and also ask for lifetime medical, so now I'm really confused and don't know what to do! Also my lawyer talked about how this cancer is number one priority and I should focus on whats going on with that. I cant just wait around and not be getting paid and do the whole settlement thing after I'm done with Chemotherapy, so I need some serious prayer. Please pray that GOD helps show me and my lawyer what to do and that I can be taken care of during this time, thanks.

                                     As Always GOD Bless,
                                                                      ADP

P.S. This picture was taken at Disneyland last Sunday
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hang in there brother. We are praying for you. I hope this comes to an end soon for you.


  2. Randam Adam Says:

    thank u sooo much. I hope so oo! By he way who left this comment, there was no name.