"AMELIA" Movie Review October 23rd, 2009

OK, So I went to go see Amelia tonight, I absolutely love Hilary Swank and she is totally amazing in all of the films she does.  Every time I watch Million Dollar Baby I always get choked up at the end.

  So I have heard a lot about this film over the past few weeks and have heard it said that this could be another Oscar worthy role for her.   So those are some pretty big shoes to fill (even if they are your own)

Hilary Swank's ability to transform herself for these roles is just amazing, I mean when you watch the film you truly believe that she is this character.  So this movie is a drama that was written by taking information from two people who wrote biographies of Amelia's life.This is a slower movie so don't be expecting huge action sequences.  This movie is a very interesting  bit of history, Going into this film I just knew the basics about Amelia Earhart but I learned a lot about her life, what she accomplished and the fact that she was a feminist and didn't really believe in marriage!

   Well as usual Swank is amazing and Richard Gere and Ewan McGregor give great supporting roles as the men in her life.  This is a compelling story about the rise of Amelia and all that she accomplished.  This movie is for people who love Swank and who are interested in the history behind Mrs. Earharts miraculous journey and rise to fame.

   So I would say see this film if you are interested in the history behind her and not if you expect an action-packed film. So until next time.....

                                                    I'll See you at the Movies!
                                                                                              ADP
                                                            
0 Responses