SAW VI & The Stepfather Movie Reviews- October 24th, 2009
So I went to the movies this past Saturday with my friend Dawnn & saw three movies, but since I already have seen one of them, so I will only review the two new ones!

SAW VI
OK, so I'm just gonna start off saying that I was not a fan of SAW V, and I d how The entire movie was all about flashbacks and what happened in the past movies. I felt like I paid to see the movies that I already have seen and owned.

So I haven't watched the SAW movies in awhile, I was told by a close friend that if u watch them all back to back that they intertwine and connect amazingly. I'm gonna have to do that soon.

So its been a year since SAW V and honestly I don't remember that much about it besides the fact that I felt jipped. I will say that this newest installation in the SAW franchise is more y and gory then previous ones. I loved the storyline and how I understood everything without having to re-watch the old ones.

This movie is definitely better then V (in my opinion) and if you are a fan of these films then you should be pleased. It starts off with a bang (or slice) and jumps right into the story. It has you really rooting for these characters to succeed at first ans then the more you learn about their past the more you kind of want to see them fail!

Its probably because its so close to home but let's just say that there are some health insurance people involved and I really wanted to see them suffer. You get to see what goes on behind closed doors and how they use loopholes and pure logic to decide coverage for individuals or choose to drop them, basically a sentence for most.

So if you like mystery, seeing people get their come-uppance and lots of and gore, then this is a film for you.



The STEPFATHER

I knew that this was a remake , although I have never seen the original I read all about it before I went to go see this film. To kind of get an idea of the caliber of the first and to see what they did different in this remake.

First off I would like to say that I really like Dylan Walsh (who plays the stepfather) in his role in the awesome series Nip/Tuck. I'm not really familiar with Penn Badgley (the son) hes on some teeny-bopper show. The mother looked oddly familiar but I couldn't place her face (maybe cause it looks like shes had a lot of plastic surgery done)


So the movie kicks off with this calm scene of a guy showering and cutting and dying his hair, its a very low key and relaxed scene. Then as he leaves they pan down and show the family that he has just killed. So from the get-go you know tha he is a killer. In my opinion it would have been better not showing that up front, so that you are left wondering if he is really the "family killer".

This movie is full of suspense and very creepy Looks from the "Stepfather". It does really build up the tension throughout, but it makes you wanna scream at the screen "Hello! He's clearly psychotic, RUN!!!!" This movie plays really well against the audience and leaves you wondering what happens next, but as it builds up towards the final confrontation you have to wonder "Is it gonna pay off in the end?"

My answer is that it doesn't, although I thought this film was OK, it really didn't seem to have a big pay off at the end for the audience. I saw almost every twist and turn coming so was not surprised at all and my friend who isn't a major movie-buff at all wasn't impressed either, which says a lot!

So my recommendation is that if you wanna see this film it wont kill you to wait until its on DVD. Seeing it in a theater and paying big bucks to see it on the big screen wont make that much of a difference.

I hope these reviews were helpful or insightful in some ways, so until next time....

          I'll See You At The Movies

                      ADP
0 Responses